Monday, June 6, 2011

My Happy Place


 
The place that i have chosen to to do my place-based writing is Cherokee Park in the Highlands. I have been frequently visiting this place since I was in high school. The reason that i picked this place is because it bring me an overwhelmingly peaceful feeling. As the cool water flows gently but forcefully over the rocks, the sun shines tenderly creating a warm, pleasant feeling that envelops my body. The sweet smell of fresh flowers blow gently through the air. This tranquil environment allows me to relax calming both my mind and my body. The vibrant, flourishing wildlife threatens to overpower the worn, winding trail. My mind is at peace and my body is relaxed as I take in all of the beautiful things that i am surrounded with.

The most profound emotion that being in this environment elicits is serenity. The natural beauty makes me feel calm and collected and brings a sense of inner peace and happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment