Wednesday, June 29, 2011

audience questions, my answers

Whom do you want to reach?
With this proposal, I want to reach the people in charge of MSD. I would like them to consider taking a deeper look at the harmful effects that water contaminated with fecal matter can have on a person health. I would also like to reach the people who run the park and convince them to put more trash cans back on/near the trails especially near big rock.

What is your audience’s background- their education and life experiences?
 I think that my audience will have backgrounds that are mostly similar. They have most likely had some college education and probably a connection to nature.

Is there any demographic information you should keep in mind?
 In terms of demographic information, Cherokee park has long since been know as a place for gay lovers to meet, however I do not think this will play a part in the way I write my proposal

What political circumstances would affect their reading?
 I think that one specific political circumstance might come in to play when I am proposing the reconstruction of the sewer system to alleviate the problem. Since this overflow still continues today, there must not be a simple solution. Therefore, the solution will most likely be expensive. I feel that I would have a much stronger impact if I had the funding to support this reconstruction or if I was older and had more experience in the field of interest. Since I have neither, my proposal will most likely be rejected from MDS.

What does your audience already know- or believe- about your topic? What do you need to tell them? What is the best way to do so?
 Both audiences are obviously aware of the problem. It would be my job to come up with a feasible solution and propose it to them to encourage them to make the intended changes.  I think that I am a personable person and I think that the way that I would have the most impact would be if I delivered this proposal in person.

What is your relationship with your audience, and how does that affect your language and tone?
I am not very familiar with my audience; therefore I need to address them formally and properly with my wording.

What does your audience need and expect from you?
My audience needs me to be interesting. To be able to really reach them I need to grab their attention and hold it in order to really get my main points across. I am not sure what the audience would expect from me. Obviously they would expect courtesy and respect.

What kind of response do you want?
I want them to respond in a way that they agree with my proposal and swiftly plan on implementing the changes that I have suggested. This would be the ideal response.

How can you best appeal to your audience?
 I believe that I can best appeal to my audience by being friendly and fun but knowledgeable about the situation. I want to be seen as creative but rational in my solution. 

No comments:

Post a Comment